Thank you from you winner – Lowri!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Lowri to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what she said… 

Hello guys!

Thank you so much for voting for me to be the winner of the Platinum Zone! I was totally gobsmacked and excited at the same time when I opened the email.

This event wouldn’t have been possible without your brilliant questions, witty comments and quick-fire quizzes on the ASK. I absoluely loved reading and replying to your questions, and had a brilliant time. I’m so happy that you’ve all taken an interest in science, even for a little while, and seen that not all scientists have crazy white hair and wear lab coats! Your teachers have done something really cool in getting you involved, so make sure you thank them! I wish my teachers had been this exciting!

The first day of the event, I turned to my boss at work and said “I genuinely have no idea how this is going to go, or what they’re going to ask!”. I’ve had some really interesting (and some really strange!) questions over the last two weeks, from how do certain things affect students behaviour in school, to the surprising “would we all float away if there was no gravity?”. Some of your questions really challenged me, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t check some answers on Google 🙂 I’ve learnt so much during I’m A Scientist, and had a great time doing it!

A huge thank you must go to our lovely organisers and moderators, who spent a long time sorting through your questions and making sure the event ran smoothly. I’m sure you’ll agree that they did a brilliant job! Lastly, thank you to the other scientists in the Platinum Zone – Greg, Giovanna, Kelly and Daniel – who answered so many of your questions and were brilliant scientists to work alongside of.

I hope that this event has sparked some more interest in science for you!

Thanks for a fantastic two weeks

Lowri 🙂

Posted on March 22, 2016 modantony in News | Leave a comment